Tuesday, June 21, 2011

White-trashing!

Cheers, Friends! I've been "white-trashing" okay, okay, I know I may get in trouble for my title, let me explain...take what was someone elses throw away "trash" and give it a new white look! I love shabby chic, cottage white, or a version thereof...here's goes a few of my small odd projects lately!
Shabby vintage wooden candlestick got a white  lovely new do! 

I gotta say, I LOVE this lamp! It was a $2 Good Sam find, dark wood, not shade, rough and scratched up, really didn't even know if it worked! But now it's at my desk! Primed and painted it, (Kills 2 and White on White ROYAL semi-gloss paint) Found a nice textured burlap looking shade for $10 and BAM $12 to a lovely lamp!

This little corner has caught a few of my odd projects, wire vase with some fun twisty sticks, An old giant clock  ( no hands) $3 at Good Sam, painted it white as it was a honey colored wood frame before...and on the wall are some AWESOME vintage National Geographic Ads from 2 1924 issues I found for FREE in the free box at The Common Market! I made a collage, painted a  freebie frame and one that I had that was GOLD...love the feeling of my creative space now. White gives me clarity!

No comments:

Post a Comment