Monday, December 6, 2010

Decking the Stairway!


I don't know what it is about a stairway all decked out for Christmas, but it definitely gives me the warm fuzzies:) I grew up in a Folk Victorian with an enclosed stairway (no banister...more like a stair/hallway) with 17 steep stairs I know because I hit all of them multiple times tripping and falling down them as a kid:) So now, we are living (and loving!) our new/ old historic house, and it has a lovely stairway, that has fulfilled a long-time wish in my heart. Last night we bought some "pine" garland and red ribbons, and wrapped the railing, and hung it from the banister. It feels like my very  first Christmas all over again! (we do have a new baby girl celebrating her very first Christmas this year in this house, so it makes it all the more magical!) I am overjoyed this year for all of the wonderful gifts God has given to our family...and after a challenging 2 years trying to sell our yellow house in the country, finally it sold, and here we are basking in a wonderful Christmas FULL and thankful. (and the stairway is all decked to prove it!) Wishing you and yours a JOYFUL Christmas time this year!

1 comment:

  1. Great site! I was looking for this for a long time! thanks!

    Merbau Decking

    ReplyDelete