Saturday, February 5, 2011

$2 Toadstool!


I have been wanting to make one of these for my kiddos since I saw this picture that totally inspired me!  









 
 So browsing the 1/2 price sale today @ the local Good Sam I spotted a Na-Hasty :) footstool, but could also see the potential for an enchanting, soft, sturdy little toadstool seat! The whole project cost me just $2!!! (since I had scraps of felt, heavy duty staples and some liquid stitch) & I  was able to transform it in just 20 minutes! I am enchanted.;)

Here's how I did it in a nutshell:

Here's the original footstool in all it's upholstered nastiness:)
I flipped it over pulled the felt tight, folding a little as I went and stapled it in place with a heavy duty staple gun...


Here's the finished top!



I used a coffee cup and a lead pencil to trace 5 circles on the white felt I had.
Then using "Liquid Stitch" I put some of the adhesive along the edges and made a big "X" in the middle of each circle...
Here's all the cutie toadstool spots!

The $2 Toadstool finished!


This Saturday fairy tale has a happy ending...the$2 toadstool has a new life in our children's loft play room! I love how this turned out and I also love that I was to transform it in just 20 minutes! I am enchanted:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment